Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Natalie

I have not posted for nearly a month.  Most of it came down to sitting there staring at the screen thinking I didn't really have much to share.  A lot of my reflections are done internally, so I guess I either have to feel like sharing, or find something worthy enough to write about.

The other day Natalie asked me to take a picture of one of our dogs Kahlua.  She wanted me to print out a photo of him and so that she could take it to her friend at school.  This picture is by far one of the most wonderful photos I think I have of Natalie.  I have a lot of wonderful photos of her, but this one for some reason really shows what a sweet girl she truly is.


Seeing her face so happy with Kahlua, and so excited to have a picture taken of herself with him, makes me so happy.  It got me thinking about how my life has progressed since a key event when I was 21.

As you recall, my first post to my blog outlined my accident I had when I was 21 years old.  It changed my outlook on life and daily events.  Sometimes it is hard to focus on positive things....things that sparkle.  So I've realized that all I have to do is look at this picture of Natalie and realize this:  existing the one thing that is most important.  Feeling connected to the organic things in life - love, earth, nature, family.  If you keep your focus on those things, then positive, happy things are bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment