Sunday, February 5, 2012

Remembering

Yesterday, I wanted to scan some photos that I had from my heart surgery in 1998.  I had assembled a binder which contained medical articles about the rare condition I had, all the cards I received while I was in the hospital, and photos that my family had taken while I was recovering in the hospital.  I couldn't find the binder anywhere.  I looked everywhere in the house.  Finally I remembered I put a box out in our garage that had been under our bed.  There!  I found it.


Pulling out the binder I looked at all the cards I had received.  I looked at the photos.  Sometimes it seems like it was just a year ago.  Looking back at the photos, I remembered that I hadn't even known Ern yet.  I was only 21!  14 years ago. 


 I pulled out 3 photos and scanned them:



April - My lifesaver, best friend, hero, living guardian angel.


My dad, mom, and grandma visiting with me during my recuperation.  My mom spent everyday with me at the hospital.  She slept on a fake leather pink chair in my room. And, I think my dad spent the days with me, but went back to mine and April's apartment to sleep, since there was no other place to sleep!   



My mom and dad the day I was able to go home (I spent 5 days in the hospital after my open heart surgery) 

1 comment:

  1. Actually, we both spent every day and night there with you for the entire week. They brought in a bed where your Dad slept and I slept in the hard pink chair. But it was worth it, being there with you every second. We only left one night when you were in ICU because they wouldn't let us stay and it was your worst night ever. We never let then tell us what we could and couldn't do from that point on!

    ReplyDelete