Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sparkle

My mom sent my sister an e-mail a few days ago and talked about sending love and positive thoughts: 

"We need to spread love. Like Katherine always says in my meditations from her: sparkle. It is a good word to think about. Sparkle. It is hard to sparkle when you are angry, hateful, negative. We need to sparkle more."

I love that word and have, as probably most humans do, love sparkly things.  I'm not talking about shiny diamonds and jewels.  Those are, of course, what I think one would expect.  Rather, I love sparkly organic items like plants, icicles, frost, water droplets, etc.  It captures my eye and just makes me happy.  Here's a picture that April and I took a couple of years ago while we were walking around our yards taking photographs of our yards:



And this one of my metal heart sculpture that Ernie bought for me a couple of years ago while on our vacation with family to Orcas Island, Washington:




So I hope all of you sparkle today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sensing that our global consciousness is definitely becoming more attracted to the sparkle! And this makes me smile.
    Have a sparkly weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both amazing photos, showing us something we might miss if we didn't look for the small things...Love the heart and the Orcas Islands, too.

    ReplyDelete