Sunday, March 6, 2011

A new addition coming

As some of you who may follow my mom's blog, you have heard that my sister and brother-in-law are expecting their first baby in May.  What is so fun and exciting about this is, that she is due 3 days before my daughter Natalie's birthday.  My husband and I decided from very early on when Natalie was young that we were only going to have one child.  It wasn't for medical reasons, or anything other than we knew what our limits were as people.  One child made us perfectly happy.

So, it is especially exciting for me to experience another baby in the family.  I am positive Natalie will feel as if this baby is her own sister.  Our relationship as sisters (and neighbors) is very special.  The five of us (soon to be six) go on vacations together, invite each other down for dinner on the weekends, and just hang out with each other.  We are not only family, but each other's friends.  And Natalie loves her "auntie" and uncle Joel.  Joel is the goofy uncle who Natalie can rough house with.  And April is like Natalie's second mom.  I think because she is my identical twin sister, this is especially unique.  April acts a lot like me and probably feels a lot like me when April holds her or hugs her.

It is fun and exciting to see April's belly growing.  It brings back memories of when I was pregnant with Natalie 6 years ago.  But, I think what I am most excited about is meeting this baby.  How similar will baby (already named) Mae look to Natalie?  What color eyes will she have?  April and I are married to brothers, so they will genetically be 3/4 siblings! 

We are excited for your arrival Mae!  We already know we love you!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of Mae when she arrives. How nice that you all get along so well...it refreshing to hear.

    ReplyDelete